Grants and Awards for Students
Elemental Arts funding for students and student-initiated arts projects.
Summer Experience in the Arts (SEA) Awards
- Competitive application for six (6) stipends to support student summer work in the arts.
- For full-time internships, arts apprenticeships, collaborative research with a member of the arts faculty, or students’ own research agenda with frequent and substantive arts faculty interaction.
- Projects applying a cross-disciplinary perspective and a collaborative approach across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences are encouraged.
- All proposals are welcome and will be evaluated on:
- Artistic and academic value.
- Proposed outcome in student’s personal creative development.
- How the work experience will be brought back and shared with the Pomona College community.
- Download SEA Awards guidelines and optional budget worksheet below:
Invitation to apply and online application will be publicized on this webpage, via email, and other usual Claremont Colleges channels in December-January. Submission deadline in February.
* Deadline for Summer 2015 SEA Award application is February 6, 2015.
Log in and apply on ClaremontConnect through your affiliated Claremont College career services portal.(SEA Award information updated January 2, 2015)
Arts Inspiration Grants
- Grants of up to $1,000 for student-initiated projects. Interdisciplinary projects containing an artistic component are welcome and encouraged.
- Deadline for applications, April 7, 2015 (see update below.) Please direct inquiries to the Grant Coordinator.
- Approved projects must be completed by May 7, 2015 (see update below.)
- Download Arts Inspiration Grant guidelines and optional budget worksheet below: